Allie was playing on the playground and accidentally fell off the monkey bars, landing on her right elbow. She was screaming and crying, but only because she didn't want to leave her other friends. Long story short: she broke her arm!
So we made our way over to the hospital where x-rays showed a broken humerus. I thought, "OK, we'll cast it up and be on our way"! Oh, how wrong I was! Turns out this type of fracture requires SURGERY! I was both shocked and devestated. My little girl needed SURGERY!
After the ER doctors splinted her arm and gave her some morphine she went from this:
to this (with some extral help of the iPad, of course):
There weren't too many smiles after that. We were transported to CHOP by ambulance! I didn't quite understand the need for that, but I sure had a good time. I had never traveled in an ambulance before! But Allie didn't feel the same as me, as you can tell.
But here we are! All smiles now! Allie did AWESOME in surgery! Everything went well and we were finally able to go home that evening. She even spent a little time in her floor's playroom making a beautiful picture! (And practicing using only her left hand!)
We are so happy to be home and so thankful to our friends and Grandma and Grandpa for helping out with the other kids! Allie seems to be adjusting well and can still manage to play with the iPad. Although she's finding it a little hard to play CakeDoodle and CandyDoodle with only one hand. Shaking and pouring the ingredients are a little tricky with only one hand.
So sorry about Allie's accident. I'm glad they were able to patch her up! I hope it heals nice and quick :)
ReplyDeletePoor Allie. But knowing that girl she will bounce right back! And we did have a great time with the other kids, but we sure didnfeel like someone was missing all weekend. Get well soon!
ReplyDeleteI Love the PURPLE cast. How many signatures?
ReplyDeleteLove Aunt Beaney