Saturday, August 11, 2012

Parasailing...Not Me

On Wednesday we decided to take a break from the pool and see the beauty of the Pacific Ocean.  Grandpa Dave and Matt wanted to parasail.  Tom and I REFUSE to parasail after the mishap that occurred the last time we tried parasailing.  We asked Zach, who experienced the mishap with us, if he wanted to try again.  He answer was a quick "NO!"  Who could blame him?  

But Grandpa and Matt had a great time!  It was early in the morning, the perfect time to sail 800 ft above the clear blue ocean. 


Here is the start of their dip into the ocean.  (It still gives me the chills to watch!)








Those are pretty big smiles on their faces!

This is what I like to do now.  I like to ride the Banana Boat, or formally known as the water weenie.  This is also something Allie could do.  I like this shot because it shows how bored Zach and Matt were on this ride.  The boat can pull the Banana Boat a lot faster and the goal really is to see if you can hang on tight enough over the waves.  But because Allie (and me) were on, we went super slow!  


This next picture is one of my favorites.  Not because of the shot of us but what is behind us!  I love seeing the endless beauty of the ocean.  I love that we can't see the end.  I love that the Lord created this beauty  for us to see and enjoy.  It's a little deep for a post about a Banana Boat ride, but that shot just caught me off guard.



What a great day!  Maybe we can go a little faster next time.

3 comments:

  1. Love your vacation posts. Wish I were there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love the Bannana Boat pictures also Amy!
    The colors are beautiful!
    Your family looks as forever as the OCEAN!
    Thank you for sharing the pictures!
    Love Aunt Beaney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm curious, what happened the last time you tried parasailing??? Looks like fun. Where's Sara?

    ReplyDelete