One morning on our way to the bus stop, Sara asked Matt to carry her. This little moment perfectly captures Matt's gentle love towards his sister.
Hurricane Sandy hit our area pretty hard. I remember constantly watching the news and seeing the path of Sandy turn our way. I think I even posted a Facebook comment when Sandy made her turn toward the shore. Our area was devastated. She showed no mercy as far as destruction was concerned. We were driving around the day after the storm (to charge my phone) and we passed this:
This was off the main road behind our development. I think this down powerline was one of the reasons we were without power for 45 hours. Our family quickly became VERY grateful for power. Matt even commented how grateful he was for Benjamin Franklin discovering electricity!
And then there are the rare 60 degree winter days when we just can't resist going to Everybody's Playground!
Tom and I made an agreement with Zach (when he was 10) that he could have a cell phone when he was 12 years old. Little did we know that most of his friends already had them. We still held our ground until baseball season rolled around last Spring. Between 3 kids playing and practicing baseball last Spring there were many times we had to drop Zach off at either a game or practice. And sometimes we would drop him off at the fields so he could watch his friends play their in-house games. So we caved. And I have to admit it's been very convenient to always be in contact with him.
I love that Zach texts. He texts his friends, his grandparents, and US! A few weeks ago Zach and Matt were dropped off at school for a movie night fundraiser. I was going to work and Tom was at home with the girls. The following is a conversation between Zach and I after movie night:
Like I said, I love my iPhone!
Very cute pics and a cute conversation :)
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Matt carrying Sara! Perfect!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Sandy! Incredible!
I love the text from ZACH! Matt is perfect!