Today Zach, Matt and I went skiin' in the rain! Last Monday I decided to take the boys skiing this weekend because this is really the last "no-sport-weekend" in the Joachim household until summer. Indoor soccer and baseball are getting into full swing around here. (No pun intended.) I picked Blue Mountain for our first East Coast ski adventure. It was perfect, except for almost everything.
First, the weather:
This is Zach riding solo in the chairlift.
We were literally skiing in the rain. The fog and rain combination made for quite the view. But hey, that's what ski gear is for right?
Then there was the road closure on the freeway this morning from an accident that left us sitting in our car for 1.5 hours.
Then I discovered I brought the wrong coat and I look like I'm back in the mid 90's.
Then Matt's coat zipper broke in the parking lot as we were suiting up for the day. He ended up skiing with an open jacket. Thank heaven for velcro snaps and under armour.
Then I lost one of my gloves as I was purchasing the tickets and had to make a quick stop to the ski shop.
Then I find out the power is out on half the mountain so only 1 lift is open until the afternoon.
But at the end of the day, this is what it's all about:
$126 for ski equipment rentals.
$130 for 3 passes.
Hahahah! I think this is the blog post of the year! :) We'll have to join you next time...on a slightly better day of course!
ReplyDeleteSuper blog post. You are so funny.
ReplyDeleteI love the "80's coat".
The picture are "priceless".
Love Aunt Beaney