Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bummer!

So I kind of got into an accident. Well, not kind of, but I actually got into an accident. And it was totally my fault. I was driving to pick up the boys from school (which I now have to do since we moved out the elementary school boundaries) and talking on the phone with my sister when all of a sudden I hit the car in front of me. I swear the guy in front of me had already started moving, but I guess not fast enough. The girls were not injured, but Allie was a little (a lot) freaked out when the air bag deployed and smoke started coming out. I think I broke (only a little) my right hand since it's still tender to touch and swollen three weeks later. But other than that we are all OK - except for the car!

She took the full brunt of the hit. The other car only had minor bumper damage (and a jerk of a driver who decided he needed to go to the hospital to get "checked out") so I knew the moment after the accident that the car was totaled! And sure enough, she's a goner!






So I bid farwell to my wonderful Honda Oddessy. I loved that car. We bought it a few months after Matt was born after we realized we couldn't fit a double stroller into our Toyota Corolla. We brought Allie and Sara home from the hospital in this car. It's been to Boston, New York City, Paymayra, Washington, D.C., Ocean City, New Jersey AND Maryland, Virginia Beach, and Disney World! It's definately seen it's fair share of the East Coast.


This past weekend we got our new car - another Honda Oddessy! It's not my first choice of color but it will have to do since it was the best deal around. And I'm sure we'll make just as many memories and have just as many adventures in this one.

2 comments:

  1. Really so glad you guys were okay!! I've heard Oddessy's are really the best. Here's to all your new adventures in the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the car!
    Especially the FABULOUS FACES in the windows!

    ReplyDelete