Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy Easter

Easter is a great time of year!  You can feel that Spring is in the air!  It's also a great time for traditions.  Some of our Easter traditions include dying Easter eggs, new clothes to wear to church, Easter baskets and Easter candy.  We seemed to squeeze it all in but on a much lesser scale this year. 

Easter morning is a little hectic in our home.  It's a miracle we even make it out the door in time for church.  We have asked the Easter Bunny to visit our home during church so that our morning is a little easier.  However, this year we wrote the Easter Bunny a note saying we would let him know when he could come visit our home this year.  As I came home from work Sunday morning I was so excited to share this day with my family.  I was looking forward to singing hymns at church (luckily we sang my favorite, Christ the Lord Is Risen Today).  But what I got home to was the complete opposite of what I was hoping for.  Fighting, Yelling, Crying.  Not exactly the feeling of love, hope, and peace I was feeling inside right before I walked in the door. 

So it got me thinking about HOW and WHY we celebrate Easter.  The Easter baskets, eggs, and candy are fun (and certainly delicious) and help to develop family traditions.  But this is WHY we celebrate Easter: 



We celebrate Easter because our Savior lives!  He lives and we will live again too!  We will live again with our families forever!  For me, that's what it's all about.  These 4 children bring me such pure joy.  And it's that joy I want to share with them forever.    







So Zach, Matt, Allie and Sara, I want you to know that

Christ the Lord is ris'n today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing ye heav'ns, and earth reply, Allehuia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the vict'ry won, Alleluia!
Jesus' agony is o'er, Alleluia!
Darkness veils the earth no more, Alleluia!

Lives a gain our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Once he died our souls to save, Alleluia!
Where thy victory, O grave? Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment