The first day we drove out to Luray Caverns. The kids had never been and I hadn't been there since high school. It was a little difficult for them to imagine but they just thought it was cool that we were going into a big cave. But once they got in they actually thought all the stalagmites and stalactites were pretty cool too.
But I think they thought the rope maze was even better than the cave.
We ate Korean food! I can't tell you how giddy I get when I see my kids eating and enjoying Korean food. I feel as though a piece of my heritage has been passed down or something. Ma-shee-so-yo!
On Wednesday we spent the day in Washington, D.C. It was supposed to be Cherry Blossom time but the weather had not been cooperating! We took the Spy Tour with Grandma and Grandpa and I have to say that this is the best way to see D.C.! (Well, at least for older kids and especially not with a little girl with a UTI!) We began at the Spy Museum. Our Mission: find the Russian Spy!
Our spy gadget led us to the first stop: Ella's. It was actually a little tricky to find!
Then our quest led us to the F.D.R. memorial. I don't think I have ever seen this monument before. Our next clue was decoded in a plaque that explained this is exactly was F.D.R. wanted as his memorial. Who knew?
Our coded message led us to the Benjamin Franklin Memorial. Our next clue was given to us only if we could name the 4 "P's" of Benjamin Franklin - one of them being "Philosopher".
We finally made it to St. Matthew's Cathedral (go figure!) where Grandpa and the boys helped us find the Russian Spy! Phew!
And of coarse we dyed some Easter Eggs!
And goofed off in the hot tub!
We finished Spring Break back home in the church parking lot teaching Allie how to ride a bike! She got this bike for Christmas and she was SO excited to finally ride a 2-wheeler! I was SHOCKED at how little time it took her to get it down! 15 MINUTES! She was off and riding and there was no stopping her!
Best Spring Break EVER!
No comments:
Post a Comment