It seems like just yesterday I was sending Zach off to his first day of Kindergarten. It is a true milestone in every mother's life. We had the whole family in toe as we walked to the bus stop that first morning. Tom went in to work late that morning. Matt was a week away from starting his last year of preschool. Allie was in the baby carrier. We all waved and blew kisses to Zach from the sidewalk.
From that eventful morning on, life has gone on. Matt and Allie have had their first day of Kindergarten. Sara came to our family. We have moved. Homework and projects completed. Times tables memorized. Baseball. Soccer. Baptisms. Weddings. Vacations. The birds and the bees. Good times and hard times. Lessons learned. Life just sort of happened. And in a twinkling of an eye, a little boy on his first day of Kindergarten
becomes a little man graduating from Elementary School.
So Zachary, this is for you. This is for you to look back and see your amazing adventure through elementary school. I know you don't and won't remember all the details of these past few years, but I hope you remember some of the lessons you've learned along the way. The lessons you've learned have helped shape you into the little man you are today. You have learned to work hard. You have learned to be persistent. You have learned to try new things. You have learned to have fun. And I promise you that you will continue to see the rewards of those lessons learned.
I also hope you remember those who helped you along the way. You have had fabulous teachers! You have great, supportive friends and teammates. You have adoring siblings who look up to you and watch your every move. You have loving grandparents who are in awe of you and love you more than you know. And you have pretty awesome parents, too. We love you, Zach.
While I can't wait to see what is in store for you, I love looking back and seeing how far you've come. I hope you enjoy this trip down memory lane, too.
First day of 2nd grade
First day of 3rd grade
First day of 4th grade
First day of 5th grade
Graduation Day
CONGRATULATIONS, ZACH!



No comments:
Post a Comment