Monday, July 15, 2013

Virginia Is For Lovers

Virginia is for lovers alright...lovers of Virginia Beach, that is.  We love our time we get to spend in Virginia Beach with the Joachim clan.  It only happens every other year, but it's time we look forward to for 2 years! This time around Zach was smack dab in the middle of Little League District games, so he and Tom had to stay home.  But we thought about them every day!

Our few days consisted of playing on the beach, playing on the beach some more, playing on the beach again, and oh yeah, playing at the beach.  OK, there was also swimming in the pool, lots of cousin time, and plenty of Rita's Water Ice.  

I was going to write captions, but I think these pictures speak louder than words: 










(I can't resist - I mean really, just because you're at the beach doesn't mean you can't get a pedicure!)






Matt and Nate took surfing lessons again this year.  And this year they were lucky enough to have wet suits. They did an awesome job riding those waves!  Go surfer dudes!





The next sequence of pictures needs a brief explanation.  While Sara loved the beach, she was PETRIFIED of the ocean.  She wouldn't even go near the water without a screaming fit for most of the time she was down there.  But sure enough she finally braved that mighty Atlantic!


I'll try...


...NOPE!


OK, maybe I'll try this again...


...OK, just a few toes.


And she did it!  Both feet in the water by the end of the week!

Thank you Grandma Michelle and Grandpa Tom!  We had a fabulous time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment