Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm grateful for 2 things today.

Did anyone notice Matt missing in the pictures from my last post? Instead of playing outside, Matt was inside sleeping and taking Tylenol and Motrin around the clock for fevers of 103.5.


Although sleeping on Grandpa Dave isn't such a bad way to spend the morning.
His fever, lethargy, and loss of appetite persisted until this morning. Enough was enough. So I called the doctor and scheduled a sick visit. (In my defense, I did call on Thursday but they told me to keep fluids going and switch from Tylenol to Motrin.) So this leads me back to the title of this post: I'm grateful for two things today.
1. Stethoscopes.


This simple diagnostic tool helped the doctors listen to Matthew's lungs and diagnose him with PNEUMONIA! I still use my original stethoscope from nursing school. I use it often in a 12 hour shift, but failed to think about using it to listen to my son's lungs at home. But I'm grateful for this technology we have to diagnose such illnesses.

2. Antibiotics.

I'm grateful for antibiotics. After one dose of antibiotics Matthew is already feeling better. I'm grateful for all the chemists who have worked hard to find the right formula to blast those darn bacteria buggers.

2 comments:

  1. We're glad you're starting to feel better, Matt!! We hope you get better fast so you can play in all that snow!! We love ya, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had fun even without the ski trip. And I'm glad Matt was sick at home with his mom instead of in Utah!!

    Can't wait to see you guys in just 17 days!

    ReplyDelete