In the spirit of Valentine's Day, we "Heart Attacked" each other for Family Home Evening this week. I have to admit I stole the idea from someone, but I thought it was a great way for all of us to share why we love each other. On Wednesday afternoon, which happened to be our FHE night this week, Zach and Matt were fighting with each other. They were saying typical things like, "You're mean!" and "I wish I had a nice brother!" (Yeah, I hear that one a little too often.) I had had enough! So I made them tell me one nice thing about the other person. First they quickly started laughing. Then they argued who had to go first. When Zach said something nice about Matt, Matt then said the same thing about Zach. This went on for about 10 minutes until Matt finally said something original about Zach. Finally, I told them they better think of more things because I was planning on this "heart attack" thing for later that night.
That night we all wrote what or why we loved each other, except for Allie who just decorated her hearts. Afterwards, we decorated and ate yummy hear-shaped cookies. (Thanks Heather for a great sugar cookie recipe!) Here's a few of the things they came up with.
Zach:

This was a common theme about Allie - she's been making us laugh a lot lately with all her NONSTOP talking!

Matt:

He had written "I love mom becuse she buys me things" on the back but I made him think of something else to write.

Allie:

Allie had fun decorating her hearts with stickers and crayons. But she most definitely enjoyed the cookie part the most!


YUMMY!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
very fun activity! I love the picture of Allie and her big cookie smile!
ReplyDeleteWhat good mom! We love you all!
ReplyDeleteI wrote about our heart attack too - funny the things they love!! Those cookies look divine.
ReplyDelete