Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Tennis Star is Born!

We have these great tennis courts in Horsham and every Spring, the township offers tennis lessons for kids. We decided to get Allie tennis lessons for her birthday! She was so excited to start her lessons, but unfortunately the class was cancelled because not enough kids had signed up. So I decided to teach her to play tennis. I play a little, or at least enough to teach a 4 year old, and today we had our first tennis lesson.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think we have a future Wimbledon champion among us. She took on the grip and stance pretty fast and then she was off hitting the ball.



I think Allie and Grandma Diane are going to be great double's partners!


And Sara had to get in the action too. She loved walking all around the courts throwing and chasing after balls!



After walking all around so much she stopped for a much needed water break!


Yikes! The red face is NOT from the sun but from working so hard!

2 comments:

  1. Grandma would love to have this upcoing tennis star as my doubles partner. Good going Allie! And Sara, your walking is looking great too. Two adorable little girls. Love ya, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!! I wish the rec centers here did tennis this young. B wants to take lessons but he cant till next summer :( I cant wait for the boys to play with us!

    ReplyDelete