I remember watching "Field of Dreams" years ago and never really understanding why or how people could be so fascinated with the game of baseball. It's just a game, right? It's just some guys (or girls) throwing, hitting, and catching a ball. Oh, if only that's what it was all about. This game is about loving something and being so passionate about something that you don't care that there is a heat index of 107 degrees at the start of a game. It's a game about making mistakes, learning from them, and getting better. It's a game full of emotion - high highs and low lows! And it's a game that brings the biggest and brightest smiles to your sons faces. It has taken a few years, but I think I'm beginning to understand the phrase "If you build it, they will come" a little more. There's just something about that game of baseball.
Spring and Summer mean a lot of baseball for the Joachim family. Sure, we've done a lot in the past few months like celebrate birthdays, finish school, hang out at the pool, and visit with family. But most of our time has been playing baseball! (And traveling to baseball games, coordinating drop-offs and pick-ups, and lots and lots of equipment checks!)
Matt has been pitching this year and is awesome! (I know I'm biased but he really is a great pitcher!) Coach Tooley has taken him under his wing and has helped him improve a lot this season. The "Sports" setting on my camera helped me capture Matt's pitch:
That's my boy!
Allie and Sara seem to find fun where ever they are - even at their brother's baseball game. Can you tell?
Cool pitching action!
ReplyDeleteWOW! AMY!!
ReplyDeleteYou take great action photos! But then you do have great subjects to take photos of! Matt looks amazing! He is so handsome!
I love the pictures of the girls "having fun"!
Love Aunt BEaney