Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Hands down, I am the luckiest mom in the whole world.  I know I am not the only mom who says this, but I believe it with all my heart.  I wake up every day with the blessed opportunity and gift to be the mother of these fantastic 4 children.  Tom and I just said to each other last night how great these 4 kids are.  Now don't get me wrong, we have our fair share of fights, screaming matches (that I actively participate in), tantrums, and other issues.  But at the end of the day their good hearts, infectious laughs, and heartbreaking smiles give me more pure joy than anything else I could ever imagine.





I love the conversations I get to have with each of these wonderful kids.  Conversations around here on any given afternoon and evening range from drugs, sex (YIKES!), addition/subtraction, music/new songs, sports, ABC's, farts and burps, Dora, dresses and nail polish, goals and dreams, and a whole lot more.  But I go to bed grateful for these precious souls who I get to call MINE

I love thinking about all the wonderful mothers in my life - my own mom, my mother-in-law, my sisters, my aunts, my grandmothers.  I also take an extra moment to look at a picture hanging in my room of 5 generations of women who have sacrificed and paved the way for me to be who I am.    






I know Mother's Day is a day for everyone to celebrate and honor their mothers.  I love the cards, extra hugs and kisses, yummy breakfasts and flowers, but I like to celebrate BEING a mom!  

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics. You are a wonderful mom, Amy! One word the definitely describes you and your whole family is "exuberant!"

    ReplyDelete