There have been A LOT of things happening around here that I regretfully have failed to capture with photos. I think this may have one of the busiest few months so I'm glad I have a few photos to prove we haven't been just sitting around. We finished up in late fall/early winter with soccer. And of course the girls were their brothers' biggest fans! Grandma Michelle did a great job keeping Sara warm on this freezing DAY of soccer.
The third injury was a torn tendon in his hand! We tried to manage it with a regular brace but that wasn't enough. The HAND SPECIALIST casted it for a few weeks and then he was as good as new.
We joined the YMCA here and really enjoyed having something to do in this ridiculously cold winter. The boys love they are old enough to work out in the cardio room.
Zach had his first ward Temple trip to the Washington, D.C. Temple and participated in baptisms for the dead. I honestly cannot believe he is old enough for this. I so clearly remember doing baptisms for the dead in the Seoul, South Korea Temple so it's hard for to think I have a son old enough to do this. He had a great time and it was especially cool that his dad was able to the baptizing and his Grandpa Dave did the confirmations.
We experienced a combination of Snowmageddon and Snowpocolypse this year. There was always snow to shovel and ice to clear away. Tom and Zach went over to a friend's house and helped them dig their way out of the inches of snow. Hard work but a lot of fun too!
It's always fun when Lorie comes over and hangs out with us. I think it surprised us ALL when these boys stood beside their aunt and realized it won't be too long before they are towering over her.
Just another night at the indoor soccer arena for Winter soccer. Like I said, Zach and Matt have 2 of the best sister fans!
I worked as an adjunct faculty this semester for Temple University. I was the clinical instructor for the freshman nursing students who were in their Community Health rotation. It was a little outside my box but I really enjoyed working with the students. I'm sort of glad I enjoyed it seeing how that is why I'm back in graduate school! My clinical site was Woodstock Family Center, a homeless shelter in Philadelphia for women and children. While it was clean, I wasn't too surprised when I received this email from one of my students:
The best part of this email, however, was how she addressed me. I think I kind of like how "Professor Joachim" sounds. (By the way, that really isn't my title, but I'll take it anyways!)
No comments:
Post a Comment