Still cute!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Genetics, Part 1
I always enjoyed studying genetics in school. I loved filling out those little boxes with recessive and dominant genes. (Of course I can't remember the name of those little boxes anymore.) So I always knew that my children would share some or most of my genetic makeup. Blonde hair, check. Blue eyes, check. Cute, check. ( :) ) Blind, now check. I started wearing glasses in the 4th grade so I always expected my kids to wear glasses in elementary school, but I didn't think it would be in the 2nd grade! That's right, Zach needs glasses. I received a letter in the mail last week that informed me Zach had failed his school vision exam. I was devastated! So we make an appointment at Lens Crafters and, sure enough, he's near sighted. He has to wear glasses for everything but reading, writing, and playing the piano. Zach was surprisingly very excited about the glasses and loves to wear them. He even got a pair to wear when he's playing sports.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zach, I love the sunglasses too!! What a handsome dude I have for a nephew!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, he looks so much older! he is absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo stinking cute and so intelligent! Love the look! And unfortunately Joachims too have bad eyes -- Bebe has been wearing glasses since third grade. HIs father has been losing glasses since middle school! There was no hope for the lad! But I love the sports goggles -- he looks so professional! Love you!
ReplyDelete