My mom turned 60 this year! Us girls knew we had to do something to celebrate to big
occasion! So we decided to take her on a girls-only weekend getaway to the Big Apple! It had been years since the 4 of us had spent this much time together. It was great! Mom and Jen took the train from D.C. while Lorie and I took
the train from New Jersey. We met up at Penn Station where our adventures began!
We had a great time walking all over the city! Times Square is always fun for people watching!

We sat in
Rockefeller Center eating our DELICIOUS cupcakes watching ice skaters and workers setting up the Christmas tree.

And a trip to New York isn't quite complete without a little Serendipity. Mom and I settled for HOT chocolate because we were too cold to have the famous ice chocolate drinks,

but Jennifer and Lorie couldn't resist this New York treat!

But really, we came to see WICKED! I have recently fallen in love with the music and couldn't wait to see to show. It was such a great show! (But I have to admit that Les Miserables is still my FAVORITE of all time.)

Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you! And thanks Dad for the great hotel room. We can't wait to do it again next year! (61 is just as exciting as 60!)
Love it! Sounds like a fab time was had by all.
ReplyDelete