Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hanauma Bay

We spent our last morning on Oahu at Hanauma Bay.  It was one spectacular view from the top of the mountain!  Hanauma Bay is home to coral reef, hundreds of species of fish, and even sea turtles.  I wonder what we'll be able to see!


It only took a few minutes for the kids to get the hang of mouth breathing.  After that, they were on their way to exploring the underwater world!  Just look at that clear water!  It was just breathtaking!  (Well, I have to admit I was more excited about the view than the rest of them.  They just wanted to see some fish and maybe a turtle.)



Allie's underwater adventure didn't last too long.  She decided she liked playing on the beach and in the shallow water.


Matt had a great time seeing all the beautiful fish!  When he came back to shore he told me, "Mom, that was awesome!  We saw this huge pink and orange and blue fish!"


Zach couldn't get enough of it out there!  The only time he came out was when we had to pack up and leave.    He was a little disappointed that he didn't get to see a turtle.


We all had so much fun snorkeling and playing and enjoying this beautiful place.  With all of our busy schedules over the past few months, we were happy to be spending some quality time together as a family!


Before we left, Tom took Allie out on this boogie board that had a looking glass.  This way she was able to go out and really see some beautiful fish!  When she got back she said, "Mom, that was awesome!"


2 comments:

  1. What a fun adventure you guys are having! I love the updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super great pictures!
    What a fun vacation!
    I love the water.
    Thank you for posting the pictures!!!!!
    Love Dave and Kristine

    ReplyDelete