Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away!

Where do I even begin? Sometimes I just want to stop time right in it's tracks. There are times I feel like slamming the breaks on our life. Each week, day, and hour seem to be flying by and I can't do anything about it. When will our life slow down, even for just a while, long enough for me to catch up?

1. Where's Allie?
I noticed recently that I have failed to mention Allie in recent posts. I hope she doesn't look back and wonder where she was in all this craziness. Oh Allie, you most definitely have been around! The Philadelphia area has been slammed with about two straight weeks of rain. It seemed like every time Allie and I would stand at the window and sing "Rain Rain, Go Away", it would stay. One afternoon, when the rain finally listened to us, she was so excited to run outside that she got a little too carried away and tripped on the sidewalk. I think she just looks more like her brothers now.

On Saturday, Tom's parents came up to visit and watch some baseball games, which of course got rained out. We had Philly cheese steaks and onion rings for dinner. Allie decided the onion rings were much better as accessories than food.

2. Piano Recital

On Friday night, Zach and Matt had their Spring Piano Concert. Both played two songs on a beautiful Steinway Grand Piano. Matt said to me, "Mom, the keys were much easier to play". They both have done so well this year. I am so proud of them for all the hard work and practicing they have put in this year. They also have put up with my sometimes not-so-nice Korean practicing methods. That's all I'll say about that. Thanks Sis. Daugherty for inspiring my kids to love the piano.

3. Another rain story

This weekend was supposed to be Little League All-Star games. Zach recently tried out and made the 7 year old Horsham All-Star Team. They had been practicing hard and were looking forward to this weekend. But once again, the rain just didn't go away. Instead of playing on Saturday, the team decided to do the next best thing - go see the Phillies World Series trophy that was touring the area. For those of you who don't know, the Phillies won the World Series in October. It was so much fun watching them during last season and even going to a playoff game, thanks to Zach's October birthday. Go Phillies!! More of All-Star games to come. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Allie! That looks like it hurts! I wish I could've seen the recital...Maybe they can play for us the next time we visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Allie. I am with you on the rain. We have had our fair share in Utah and it needs to go away. Congrats on the all-stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a wonderful Saturday even though it rained and we didn't get to watch any baseball. Thank you letting me play with Allie, watch UP with Zach and Matt, eat Phillie Cheese Steak with everybody and just having an all around good day. It was exactly what I needed -- it was so much and such a peaceful no stress day! Just what I needed! Hugs and kisses to everybody!

    Love, Grandma M.

    ReplyDelete