Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Amanda Came to Town

My good friend, Amanda, and her kids came up to visit for the past few days. We had a great time and stayed extremely busy! Here are some of the great things we did:

1. Philadelphia. On Monday, we toured Philadelphia. I've lived here for 9 years and have never done some of these great things. I forget how great a city it is and how I live only about 15 miles away. (Of course, that's about an hour drive.)

The Liberty Bell and Constitution Hall, obviously.



A trip to Philadelphia wouldn't be complete without visiting the Museum of Art, a.k.a. the "Rocky" steps.


There are three great water fountains outside the Museum of Art. It was a much needed refresher after climbing the stairs. I think Zach and Matt ran up and down 5 times.



A perfect end to the perfect day in Philadelphia: Water Ice.


2. New York City. For those of you who would like to visit New York City, I will tell you it's only an 1 1/2 drive from my house. So, come see me and New York for free room and board. :) I'm becoming quite the tour guide.

The Statue of Liberty is my favorite site in New York. The word of the day was Liberty. I love explaining to my kids what a great country we live in and how lucky we are to be citizens. It's great telling them about people who wanted a better life. They need to know that with hard work and perseverance, this country gives them the opportunity to accomplish their dreams.


Who could resist a Hot Dog in New York City?


This has to be one the craziest and funest place in the world: Times Square.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun...we'll have to go together too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that does look like so much fun! It's always great when friends come in from out of town, you get to do things you wouldn't normally do & get to spend time with fun people! I might just have to convince Randy that we need to take a trip back east (it's been forever since I've been to NYC)!

    ReplyDelete