Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Fourth of July?

No, the "?" is not a mistake. Instead of parades, fireworks, grilling, and relaxing as many of our friends and family surely enjoyed, our holiday weekend - or I should say Tom and Jud's - was spent installing hardwood floors. Jud graciously volunteered his extended holiday weekend to help us with the project. Matt and Allie were shipped down to Virginia, where they enjoyed most of the above activities. Zach stuck around and helped with the project - he really likes Jud's table saw. As an equal mix of Thompson and Joachim, this was quite the learning experience for him. I don't think he's even seen a saw before, let alone a table saw. Thanks Jud for helping us out. We look forward to the next project - the kitchen or bathrooms. We'll let you decide. :)

The work begins: tearing up the carpet. This is cake compared to what came next.
This is what came next: the old hardwood floors in the kitchen.

Zach helping out. Good job, Zach.


The final result.

7 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully! Good job boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great, I'd say it was a happy 4th of july!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the floors! I can't wait to see them in person, though. We had a great time with the kids...hope they had fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy cow the floors look great! i am so impressed! can't wait to see the next home project! love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't get over zach staying home to help. that kid is one of a kind. tommy (and the floors) are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy...that looks great!!!!!!!!!!!! i didn't know it was getting done so soon. It looks like you guys have been busy the last month. We are back in good old PA. Let me know if you need me

    ReplyDelete