Zach started 3rd grade today! Wow! Zach is excited that he gets to change classes this year. He will have 3 teachers - one for reading, one for social studies/science/writing, and one for math. I asked him today after school how his first day was. He replied, "It was awesome!" I asked, "Why was it awesome?" His answer, "We got 2 recesses!" I know he's going to have a great year!
Matt is starting the 2nd grade this year! He has a different teacher than Zach had last year, but she will be great too. He was happy to hear his best friend was also in his class. When I asked him about his day, he said, "It was OK." I said, "Why was it only OK?" He replied, "I don't know, it was just OK." That's Matt for you. He was very excited to get a welcome kit from his teacher that included candy and a free homework card. You can't tell from this picture, but he is starting this year off without his front teeth!
Allie was also excited to see the boys off today. I think she thought that with the boys out of the house there won't be any competition for who gets to watch their show on television. Zach always wants something like Phineus and Ferb or some other kids cartoon. Matt wants to watch Sports Center and Allie wants Nick Jr. It gets pretty crazy around here with them competing for TV time until I get fed up and turn them all off! It's just pretty fun to hear sweet Allie use her pipes to get what she wants. She's not afraid of those 2 boys.
So they are off! I know they are going to have a great year! It won't be too long before I'm posting their last day of school .
Have a great school year, boys! Sara's not going to know what's happening when Allie starts school too!! :)
ReplyDeletePlease don't grow up any more! Love you!
ReplyDeleteWell I had lots to say and then I saw that your kids ride a bus to school and now I am too jealous to comment on anything else.
ReplyDelete