Allie was just as excited to get going on the 2nd day as she was on the first. Even on the 2nd day she said, "I can't wait for next year!" Let's just take it one day at a time!
Allie and Lauren were great ski buddies! Lauren looked out for Allie and they even got to ride up on the chair lift ALL BY THEMSELVES!
The boys spent most of the time skiing with their instructors, Tony and Tim. But I was able to ski a few runs with them each day and each time I felt like belting out the lyrics to the song, "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons:
Now take it in and don't look down
'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ay
I'm on top of the world, 'ay
Waiting on this for awhile now...
I've been waiting to smile, 'ay
Been holding it in for a while, 'ay
Take it with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I'm on top of the world
The boys like to ski "outside the box", if you will. I love skiing on well groomed runs while the boys love looking for jumps on the outside. Snowbasin has added jump rails for skiers and snowboarders in different areas of the resort. And of course Zach and Matt could never resist pretending they were in the X-Games!
I wish the Gondola would have been around when I was a kid skiing at Snowbasin. It's a great time to get warmed up and even grab a snack!
There is a lodge at the top of the Gondola where we would occasionally meet at for a break or lunch. Even though Allie wasn't quite ready this year to ski down from the Gondola, she sure enjoyed the ride with Susan to meet us for lunch! She'll be ready next year, though!











No comments:
Post a Comment