We were both excited and sad to ski on the 3rd day. We had had such a great time but knew it was coming to and end. On the beginning of the 3rd day, Jessica and Susan told the girls to meet them over on Little Cat (the beginner slope). So they all heard that and off they went. Allie didn't have poles at this point so her older brother helped his little sister out by pulling her over to the lift. It was such a sweet moment I was able to capture on film.
On the first run of the day, Tim and Tony took the boys, my dad and I up to the top. And by "top" I mean TOP! At the top of the John Paul chair lift is another "Tin Can" lift that takes you to the start of the Men's Downhill course. I thought they were taking us for the view but quickly realized they meant for us to ski down! The first 50 yards yards were so narrow and steep (the scary part was the narrow part) that the boys and I side-stepped it down. (I'll admit the boys were a little more brave than their mom, but I made it! I couldn't let them do something I wasn't willing to try.) At that point there was just enough room for the three of us to stand next to each other for these beautiful shots of the valley below!
I only wish my eyes had been opened here
From the bottom of the side-stepping event we started skiing down a trail that led us to the start of the Women's Downhill course. And I have to say this was my favorite run at Snowbasin. It was well groomed (which means NO MOGULS!) and fast. It was amazing to see my 2 boys ski well enough to tackle a challenging run. But they did it! And so did I!
So here is Grandpa's Ski School 2013 at the end of 3 fun filled days of skiing! Grandpa Dave had such a blast skiing with his grandkids. And they had just as much fun skiing with Grandpa Dave!
Jud and I were honorary members of the Grandpa's Ski School. We had a BLAST and couldn't thank Dad enough for such a memorable trip. (And we promise NOT to cook a roast next year, Dad!)
And we couldn't have done it without this great crew: Tony, Tim, Jessica, and Susan! They have helped these kids become awesome skiers. Jessica was Zach's first instructor way back in 2006!
Thanks again, Grandpa! WE LOVE YOU!






WOw!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures and the story! Looks like you had an awesome ski vacation with Grandpa Dave! Thanks for the update!
ReplyDelete