Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Details

I would just like to thank everyone for their love and support. Now to answer a few questions. Let me first start out by saying I've always wanted four kids. I've just had to convince Tom to have another baby over the past year or so. I even had the boys talking about another brother or sister. Actually, on the way home from the hospital after Allie was born, Zach asked when we would have the next baby. I knew from then on I had the boys on my side. I think what finally convinced him was when I told him I could be on maternity leave during the boys' baseball season. That way I wouldn't be sleeping on Saturdays and could help out taking the boys to their games.

I found out I was pregnant on the Tuesday before our Saturday anniversary. No, I was not pregnant while we were in Virginia Beach. :) I don't think I've ever kept a secret that long. This picture is how I told Tom I was pregnant. He was very excited but shocked I didn't tell him earlier. I figured if this is our last one, I could do something fun like this:


We told the boys a few days ago. We have recently been talking about another baby so I knew they would excited to hear. I would say things like, "where would another baby sit around this table?". Zach's response was typical of a sports-oriented boy. He had a big grin on his face and said, "Dad, if we have a boy, we'll be up by two.". Matt was eating spinach that night and was, for some reason, holding a piece in his hand. His immediate response after the news was, "This spinach looks like a leaf.". He was obviously very excited to hear the news.

I'm only 6 weeks pregnant, so pretty early. I'm due April 20th, 4 days before Matt's birthday. But since I'll be having a C-section, I will schedule it a few days earlier. I'm actually thinking more along the lines of April 9th so my mom can still enjoy her trip to Hawaii. :) I have great genes from either the Thompson or VanLeeuwen side that help me out during pregnancy. Fortunately, I never get that sick. The only time I really notice anything is at work in the middle of the night. I just have to snack a little more during the night which, of course, is so hard to do. If you read my mom's comments, you'll already know the names we've picked: Sara if it's a girl and Sean William (William after Tom's grandfather) if it's a boy. Thanks again for all your love and support.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the names!! We're thrilled for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure boy or girl -- sports will be big part of baby j's life! "phiiiiilllllies, papa!" Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April is such a perfect month. Busy birthday month for G&G J that's for sure. We're so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Amy, that's super exciting!

    ReplyDelete