
We have a beautiful tree in front of our house. It has been a great tree for the kids. They climb it, swing from the branches, and shake off the fall leaves. I love that tree, that is until today. The boys were outside climbing the tree and Zach fell off and broke his arm. We took him to the hospital where he had it reduced and casted. He was so brave. After waking from the sedative, he said, "that felt awesome". I hope that's an end to his drug use. Warning: graphic picture!




Zach says to me, "Mom, take my picture." I swear this was HIS idea:

He'll be in a cast for about 8 weeks. Unfortunately, soccer season is over a week before the first game. Zach's happy he won't have piano lessons for a few weeks. We'll just have to see about that. :)

pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory... is forever
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet boy you have. those pictures are kinda scary, but what a little trooper.
what about the baptism???
oh z-man! that's one heinous break -- you are the bravest boy on the planet! wish i could sign your cast and give you a hug! love you grammie
ReplyDeleteWow, we should have heeded the warning about the pictures. Yuck.
ReplyDeleteZach! What a trooper you are! We hope your arm heals super fast so you can get back to soccer and baseball (and piano).
poor kid but boy he's tough. I loved the warning about the picture, that's pretty nasty. hope it gets well quick.
ReplyDeleteFirst thought: Bummer! Then I saw the picture: OUCH!!!! Poor guy! That looks absolutely miserable. I hope he's feeling a little better. :(
ReplyDeleteBummer! We had our first break last spring right after Ellie broke her arm. Seems like a necessary stop in childhood drama. Though I never broke anything. Love that tree. It's a keeper - broken arm and all.
ReplyDeleteBummer! Tell him we can be gimps together!
ReplyDeleteZachary I wish I could be there to wait on you while you recover. I am so sorry to hear about your injury. Love you and miss you.
ReplyDelete