Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat?

This year I decided to be a little bit daring. I went with TRICK instead of treat. Wrong choice!

On Friday, the kids had their school Halloween parties. Allie did fine until her class walked into the gym and she saw a room full of strangers with cameras and video cameras. She started freaking out! She cried, "Mommy, Mommy!" I was humiliated! Mrs. Longstreet said, "Moms can be in the parade, too". So in 20 years when people are watching their preschool Halloween parade on video, or rather DVD, there will be a strange mom whose kid was crying walking in the parade.


Notice Allie's nervous sign in both pictures: finger in mouth.


Zach and Matt had their school party and parade Friday afternoon. They love being in the parade with their friends and playing games in their class parties.


Zach decided he didn't want to wear his hat.


Matt was upset I didn't bring his face paint to wear. I told him everyone still knew he was Dracula without the face paint. I'm right, right?

Allie liked the boys' class party more than hers. She thought she was just one of the kids.
I get a call at work Friday night from Tom telling me he has a 102 degree temperature. I told him to put the kids to bed and stay away! He was immediately quarantined for the rest of the weekend. Saturday became "Keep Away from Dad Day". When it was time for trick-or-treating, I got the kids ready and off we went. After about 15 minutes Matt asks "Are we almost done yet?" Ding, ding, ding! Flashing lights, flashing lights! Matt would NEVER ask if we're almost done with the best part of Halloween. By the time we got home, his temperature was 100 degrees. By the time he went to bed it was 102 degrees. It now became "Keep Away from Dad and Matt Weekend" in our home. On Sunday Zach and I both had low grade fevers but hopefully avoided the true wrath of the Swine flu. By the way, Matt had the H1N1 vaccine 2 weeks ago. Thus, my theory on the flu vaccine holds true!
My only picture from Halloween night.

So next year, I'm choosing TREAT. You can never go wrong with a good chocolate bar!

7 comments:

  1. You guys had one rotten weekend! And the Phillies losing again...that's gotta hurt! Hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're all feeling better soon! BTW, what is your theory?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that your weekend was a bust! Take care and keep those sickos away from the rest of you! Love you all Get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allie is so adorable -- I can even see the tears forming in those beautiful blue eyes. Ahhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no, that finger is TOO much! what a sweet little ladybug! strangely enough i think matt looked MORE like dracula without the face paint! hope everyone in the joachim clan is feeling better, especially zachy for his tournament this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drew got sick over halloween too. I hated it. Thankfully, he felt a bit better for Saturday but he was back in bed the past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Allie she is a mini Amy. She makes a darling lady bug. Congrats to Zachary's soccer team way to go. Your tree is beautiful and I am getting excited for Christmas to. How you feeling Amy with baby 4? Love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete