Zach and Matt had a day off of school today. I made the mistake of letting them stay up a little too late last night and I've been paying for it since 7am. I'll rephrase, they've been paying for it since about 10am. Three hours of fighting is all it took for me to take action. Wednesday is normally laundry day for me. And since they were home, I thought it was a great opportunity for them to learn how to do the laundry. So today they've done 4 loads of laundry - sorting, washing, drying and folding. I showed them during the first load which buttons to push, how much soap to add, and about adding a Bounce sheet to the dryer. I have to say I'm pretty impressed at how well they've done. Zach said the worst part was the sorting. Who knew?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah they are so darling and sooooo grown up! i just want to give them both a big hug. I love you Zach and Matt!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was teaching art masterpiece in Lindsay's class and was collecting the paint shirts at the end, I noticed several of the kids delivered nicely folded shirts to me while others chucked them in the bin. When complimenting them on their folding, I found out that these kids did their own laundry. I think we forger that a)these jobs aren't that hard and b)our kids are more capable than we give them credit!
ReplyDeletestart 'em young. . .
ReplyDeleteI can't wait ti start passing off housework to the boys. . . I've still got a few years to go before I can let them "go at it" on their own.
i can't get enough of zach's glasses. how embarrassing is it that i never did a load of laundry until my mom was getting ready to send me off to college??
ReplyDeleteWow - I'm impressed. Do they want to come to my house? I got plenty for them to practice with. :0)
ReplyDelete