August 2nd was supposed to be my third and final triathlon of the season. The Patriots Triathlon was held in Bath, PA, about a 1.5 hours north of here. So I booked a hotel and thought we could make a mini-vacation out of it. We drove up Saturday afternoon, I signed in for the race, and we took a drive around the beautiful 15 mile bike course. I was so excited to swim in a lake and try a different course. That evening we swam in the hotel pool and celebrated with a pre-race meal at Friendly's. We woke up Sunday morning to thunder, lightening, and rain. When we got to the race site there were definitely people who didn't show up, but there were quite a few who were getting ready to race. I love competing in triathlons, but I don't consider myself a "hard-core" triathlete. Competing in the rain was too hard-core for me. So we turned around and headed for home. I hope next year will bring better race weather.


Tom ordered this magnet for the back of our car. In true suburban minivan fashion, it goes along side Horsham Soccer and Horsham Little League magnets.
you forgot to share matt's comment with us! please it was classic! Love you! Gramma M-
ReplyDelete