Monday, September 21, 2009

Zach's cast came off...sort of.

Zach was scheduled to have his cast taken off today. He was so excited! He knew his appointment was at 8:00 in the morning. Last night, as he was gettting into bed, he saw that it was 8:01. Zach said, "Yes, only 11 hours and 59 minutes until I get my cast off". I promised a special McDonald's breakfast before I took him to school.



The look on Zach's face was priceless as the saw started cutting his cast open. He kept saying, "It's touching me, you're cutting my arm".



It's almost off.....



Zach exclaimed, "I'm free, I'm finally free!"

The doctor was happy with the way the bone was healing, but Zach was still very tender at the fracture sites. We decided to have a short cast placed to protect the arm for just a little longer. This time it's only 10 days. Zach was surprised to realize he couldn't fully extend his arm. The tendons had tightened up and it will take a few days before he'll be able to extend his arm. Zach took his old cast to school today and explained to the class how they had taken it off.

3 comments:

  1. Ah Zach -- sorry to hear it will be another 10 days, but just think you will have another close encounter with the saw to brag about! But Yankee Blue? What were you thinking? I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks like such a little boy in these pictures! i want to give him a big hug, although he would probably think that was gross. so is this cast getting signed, too?
    and i LOVE the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same pictures of Lindsay being terrified of the cast saw - same fear then giggles! At least it is only 10 days now...Lindsay could even ride her bike with the short cast. But I didn't tell you that...

    ReplyDelete