Monday, October 19, 2009

Genetics, Part 2

Meet Matthew "Tiny" Joachim.

In Genetics, Part 1 I talked about how I knew my kids would inherit some of my genetic make up. But I didn't quite expect my kids to inherit my Uncle Tiny's genetic make up. "Tiny" is my Uncle Roger's nick name he acquired while serving in Vietnam because he was so tall. The only person I ever remember calling him "Roger" was my grandma. He was always Uncle Tiny. Zach and Matt love Uncle Tiny. They love talking about how tall he is. We would go on walks and see a lamp post and they would say, "I bet Uncle Tiny is taller than that light."

When Matt was born, I remember telling everyone that he's a Thompson! I remember seeing old photos of my dad and his brothers and saying that Matt looks like Tiny. My parents thought I was crazy until recently, when they took a trip out to Utah and spent time going through old photos. My mom thought of me when she saw this picture of Tiny when he was around 6 years old. Was I right, or what?



You gotta love genetics!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Except for the mouth, they look identical! That's crazy. Matt, you're such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy frick, that is CREEPY! so is he going to be seven feet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy WOW! That is so cool! I guess your Uncle must be one good-looking, girl magnet! Because as we know Matt has a girlfriend everywhere he goes -- he's such a handsome guy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zach, I love the glasses. Good choice. You look very handsome and very wise.

    Matt, I was one of the disbelievers about you looking like your uncle Tiny - but I have to admit, you certainly have some of his looks. Love you guys.

    Take good care of Allie and be good helpers for mom and dad.
    Love, Grandma Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite amazing, Amy!!! I cannot believe that resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is CRAZY! I can't believe the resemblance.

    And we're wearing RED for you guys!!! Luke even has on one of his onesies!

    ReplyDelete