On Saturday, Zach was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a such a wonderful day! The day started off with, what else, soccer. After two early games the rest of the morning and afternoon flew by with last minute projects, like pumpkin carving. (I'll explain later.) Zach chose "Baptism", "When I Am Baptized", and "Jesus Once Was A Little Child" as the three songs we sang. His aunts, Jennifer and Kathleen, gave talks on Baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. While we were waiting for Zach and Tom to get dressed, I made a 10 minute DVD slideshow of Zach. He is so blessed to have had so many people come and support him.Today was such a milestone for our family. One down, 3 to go. The great thing about Zach and Sara's age difference is that Zach will be 16 when Sara turns 8. That means Zach will be able to baptize his sister! (As you can tell I'm already referring to baby #4 as "Sara", but we won't find out officially until December.) :)
Sally, Glenn and Alex came, along with Ruth and Rich.
So this is the pumpkin carving I was talking about. This was the centerpiece for the serving table. It had a strobe light blinking, but I quickly realized that since we were inside the effect wasn't what I had imagined. I learned something new about my brother-in-law, Kyle. He's a great pumpkin carver! Thanks Kyle.
Congrats Zach! Looks like it was a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteIt was such a wonderful weekend -- jam-packed with family and special events. We will never forget what a wonderful time we had together as a family. And to come together for Zach's baptism made it even better! We love you all
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Zach! What a great day. I'm so sad we couldn't be there for it, but we love you lots!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Zach, thanks Amy for reminding me what it is supposed to be about:)
ReplyDeleteRick would say, "Can I get that pattern to the pumpkin?) Congrats Zach on becoming a member of the church!!! My only girl in my primary class this year, Ashlyn was baptized on Saturday. Such a neat experience. On Sunday, we put her on the spotlight and sang, "John the baptist" and I spoke a few words about the special covenants she made. She looked so cute in her white dress and she was all smiles. I know Zach feels the power of his Heavenly Father more than ever!!! Such a wonderful covenant!!! Loves!!!
ReplyDelete