
According to Zach, it's great to be eight. According to his mother, it ain't so great. I can't believe my oldest child in eight years old! The last eight years seemed to have happened in a blink of an eye and I'm afraid the next eight years will be the same. I've said this before so I'll say it again, why can't time just stand still? I feel like Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally" when she's having a breakdown and says, "And I'm going to be 40!" Billy Crystal then replies, "Yes, but in 8 years". (I think it was 8 years.) And it's only 61/2 for me!!!! Like I said, why can't time just stand still?

Let's get to the good stuff! Zach woke up to his requested breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast. Before school, he was allowed to open one of his presents. His one present actually turned into 2 presents.

Zach got tickets to the Phillies playoff game!!! The second gift was that he didn't have to go to school. The game started at 2:30, so Tom wanted to be there at noon for batting practice, and it sure paid off!

During batting practice, Clay Condrey threw a ball up to the boys. Matt caught it, but it dropped back onto the field. Clay threw it back up and Zach caught it this time!

It's been a rough day! No school, batting practice, lots of ball park food and a baseball game. Matt just needed a little rest from all the cheering.

Zach and Matt in their rally caps. (When you wear them inside out and have the lip up - something new I've learned this year.)

Happy Birthday Zach!! We love you and hope you had a great day!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZACHY! oh my gosh, i hate to admit it but i cried over this yesterday. where did the time go? happy birthday to my very first little nephew! i love that kid so much! what handsome boys you have! i can't wait to hug them this weekend. i see tommy got much better at taking pictures since your last ball park adventure!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Birthday!! Can't believe he's already 8!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I can't get over those pictures! What a day! And Amy if you think the last eight years have gone fast -- it certainly doesn't show you are beautiful and a wonderful mom! And think about me I'm really old I've been a grannie for eight years! Happy Birthday Zach! Love to you all!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can't believe he's getting baptised today. GOOD LUCK!! We love you.
ReplyDelete