Monday, October 5, 2009

Happenings

Despite the lack of blogging, there have been a lot of things going on the Joachim household. My desire to blog has recently been squashed by my desire to stay on the couch, instead. My first trimester is almost done and I'm hoping my energy will return. Here are a few things that have happened this week:

1. Allie's first picture!


Last week Allie painted her first picture in preschool. We truly see a future artist is our midst. She even knew what color it was. I've been trying for weeks to get her to recognize green, but I guess her teacher was more successful.

2. Box seats at Citizens Bank Park.

While Tom was at Matt's soccer game on Saturday, the father of one of Zach's All-Star teammates approached Tom and offered 4 box seats to the Phillies game that evening. He most definitely accepted and quickly arranged for Allie's babysitter. Tom and the boys had a great time, even if the Phillies did lose. Matt's favorite part was the private and "clean" bathroom. Tom is still learning to take pictures. Could I have had one of them with the field in the background instead of the next box, please?


3. Dinner conversation.

A certain Conference talk inspired me this past weekend. Someone gave a talk about family members sharing their testimonies with each other, including the children. So during dinner tonight I asked the boys about their testimonies. It eventually led to this:

Me: So what do you have a testimony about?
Matt: About Jesus.
Me: What is your testimony about Jesus?
Matt: There's someone in my class who doesn't believe in Jesus.
Me: OK.
Zach: That means he's Jewish.
Me and Tom: Laugh.

I tried.

4 comments:

  1. amy, i literally just peed my pants. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Box seats to a Phillies game?! Matt & Zach must have been in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Look at that art work. She is truly gifted. And HOORAy for the boys, I can only imagine how much fun they had!!! I love those kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green painting -- lookout VanGough! I love those boys -- they are truly clever! Go Phils!

    ReplyDelete